Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Happiness project Commandment #12- Get out of your head.

            Greetings from the most boring Discernment & Discourse class of all eternity. My professor is currently sitting in the front of the room lecturing about this ridiculous book about Vietnam and telling these incredibly graphic stories about how people shot themselves to get out of the war. In the meanwhile, I just drank an entire soymilk cappuccino and I’m feeling great even though I slept for five hours. Feeling like a winner.  Today’s inspiration comes from one of the author’s of my Discernment reading, Herman Melville. He writes,  “I try all things, I achieve what I can.” There is no shame in attempting a feat and learning that it is something you cannot follow through. We aren’t built to be perfectly capable of accomplishing everything. Some things are also out of your realm of control. Accept that, and be at peace. I feel like a broken record sometimes, but I find myself repeating constantly in my head, Rome was not built in a day. If one of the finest cities ever constructed on Earth took years to build, then my little universe is going to take some time to fall into place.
This was the most peaceful picture I could find. I love to walk back from class and watch the way the light flitters in from the oak trees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment