Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

Don't even tell me where we are going, just walk by my side


I went to the Walk the Moon concert earlier this semester, and my favorite part was when the lead singer introduced this one song that I had never listened to, called Fixin'. He said that the moral of the song is that sometimes you have these people in your life you can just be with and then life fades away. It doesn’t matter what you do, or where you go, or where you are, it just matters that you are there and you are together. That just really stuck with me and I can’t get it out of my head. I look back through my pictures and I think of all the moments in my life where I just wanted someone to walk by my side. Someone who was fixing to come with me. There is just so much horror in the world. So many people are there to tear you down, or to tell you that you can’t do it. So many people never stop and look in your eyes and ask how you are really doing. Or stay and listen to the answer. Few people want to hear about the new friends you have made and smile at your victories and cry at your losses. The world is so cold and calculating, sometimes it’s just refreshing to find a place where you don’t have to pretend. Isn’t it a nice state of existence when you smile because you’re just happy and not because you should be? 
All I wanna do is let it be and be with you and watch the wind blow by

No comments:

Post a Comment